Invoice management plays an important role in the organization's activities. In many cases, this process can be automated, thus not only ensuring its proper flow but also saving employees’ time.
The proposed invoice management solution allows you to manage and archive invoices in SharePoint Online system, thus tracking all digitized invoices in one place and planning the company's expenses in real-time.
The automated billing process includes the following steps:
- Digitization of the received and prepared invoice: after scanning or photographing the invoice with a mobile phone, it is e-mailed, then the e-mail is sent to a dedicated e-mail postbox;
- Assignment of the invoice to the approving persons: the invoices, received in the mailbox dedicated for the receipt of invoices, are distributed to the approving persons in accordance with the relevant principles;
- Automatic creation of an invoice and its attachments from the general e-mail box of incoming invoices;
- Uploading invoices to other organization’s systems: received invoices can be quickly converted to .xls, .xml formats and uploaded to financial accounting programs or a business management accounting system.
- Invoice validation: the system automatically assigns and sends invoices to the appropriate persons, who has to validate it;
- Sending reminders: if there is a delay in verifying the invoice, reminders are sent;
- Assignment of account amounts: the amounts of approved accounts are allocated to departments or projects according to agreed principles in the organization;
- Invoice archiving: the invoice is archived in an archive of documents with information about the employees who approved it, transaction number, assignment to the respective cost centers, grouped by projects, date, and other criteria. In addition, the stored accounts comply with the requirements of archiving accounting documents in the Republic of Lithuania.