IT audit is a valuable tool for organizations to understand the extent to which their IT meets the current and future needs. Novian companies perform audits of IT infrastructure and information systems.
IT infrastructure audit
To find out how efficient and secure an organization's IT infrastructure is, Novian Technologies evaluates IT infrastructure and related processes in detail, as well as their compliance with the best practices and standards.
The security and functionality of the IT infrastructure, (un) implemented high reliability solutions and business continuity are also assessed.
The results are presented in the audit report along with recommendations for IT development.
The audit is based on the requirements of recognized standards:
- An analysis is implemented, whether the organization's IT management complies with COBIT5, ISOIEC 38500 or other standards;
- Risk and information security are assessed according to ISO IEC 27005 or other standards;
- It is assessed whether IT services are provided in accordance with the ISO 20000-1 standard.
Auditors have combined these standards into their own methodologies, which allow them to adapt more quickly and easily to the needs of a particular organization and focus on its most important aspects.
Not only the methodologies used are important for audit quality - it is also ensured by certified experts with more than 10 years of experience in implementing large-scale IT audits and successfully developing clients' IT infrastructure.
Information systems audit
Novian Systems performed information systems audit is a process of gathering and evaluating evidence to assess whether information systems are operating optimally and effectively to achieve the organization's goals.
The audit also covers issues such as proper digitization of business processes, asset preservation, and maintenance of data integrity.
Its main purpose is to assess the information systems management environment and reveal opportunities for improvement in four key areas: adequacy, efficiency, data integrity and security.
Evaluation helps to identify:
- Does the system meet the operational objectives and the needs of the system users;
- Are optimal resources used to achieve goals: performance, power, speed, volume, etc.;
- Whether the published data meets the most important criteria: completeness, validity, accuracy, clarity;
- Are information systems secure. This criterion includes the security of hardware and software, data, and system documentation.
Information systems audit is divided into two main types:
- Assessment of internal control of information systems. It includes evaluation of general control of the information system, development control (development management, covering the period from the emergence of the system concept to its validation) and custom software control (data entry, processing and storage) evaluation;
- Information systems performance audit. It includes the efficiency, cost-effectiveness and performance of information systems.