Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the automation and acceleration of business operations through robots that mimic certain rule-based and result-oriented human work, such as selecting and forwarding documents, filling them in and submitting them, updating a spreadsheet with a form name and data, etc. By taking over monotonous processes from humans, robots help save employee hours and company costs.
Why is it worth to choose RPA?
- Reduction of costs. Often, the production and maintenance of an RPA is less expensive than the time it takes for a person or team to perform the same automated process.
- Lower operational risk. Eliminates frequent, common human errors in the process caused by fatigue, distraction, or lack of knowledge - RPA reduces the number of errors and operational risk level.
- Better customer experience. Using RPA can improve the timing and accuracy of responding to customer inquiries, resulting in fewer complaints and more positive customer experience.
- Flexibility. RPA, like humans, can use existing systems, which is one of the biggest advantages of using a virtual workforce. RPA is easily modified and adapted to work with the organization's internal document system, can search for documents and download them from the Internet, and perform other daily employee activities.
Where is RPA used?
Automation of robotic processes is widely used in banking, insurance, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and telecommunications, but can be easily applied elsewhere.
The following are some examples of these areas:
- confirm meetings with clients;
- provide their information from CRM systems selected according to the criteria;
- form individual proposals (using machine learning algorithms).
- To investigate insurance events;
- To enter customer data;
- For end-of-month report preparation.
- In health care institutions:
- To enter patient data;
- To record the results of research into specific cases.
In order to reduce the volume and costs of routine work and speed up work processes in the daily activities of our clients, we have created two robots for working with Lithuanian court e-service portal.
The first robot is designed to send documents to the portal - i.e. to automate manual filling in of statements, claims, complaints, and other e-document drafts on the portal e.teismas.lt. The robot uploads the document to the portal, fills in all the draft fields of the document in the portal, selects and uploads the necessary attachments. This is done about three times faster than manually and more accurately - avoiding data entry errors.
The second robot is designed to select relevant data from the portal e.teismas.lt and provide it to interested employees. They no longer need to download and view the document they receive with each message separately - this is done by the robot, so the received documents are sorted and easily accessible.
Efficient and uncomplicated robots not only save time, but also improve the quality of processes. As long as robots take care of repetitive tasks, employees can focus on more important jobs that require concentration.